Thursday 28 January 2010

My Life

Here's the speech that I presented today to an exciting group of business ladies:

"This year I'm celebrating 25 years since I moved down to the Sunny South from the persistently precipitating Pennines.

After achieving a degree in Business Studies, down in sunny Bournemouth, I moved to Hatfield to take up a position in IT. 3 company moves later and I'd made my way up to senior management. I was managing global projects, large teams and budgets in the millions.

But it wasn't enough. There was something missing.

When my father died of cancer, a week after my son was born, I decided it was time to take stock. Every spare minute I spent studying Interior Design with a prestigious London college. When I achieved Distinction in my exams I realised that I had a natural talent, flair and a passion for Interior Design.

It was then that I heard about Ann Maurice, the celebrity House Dr on the telly, who whizzes around people's homes taking them from shocking to striking. Fortunately for me she was offering a training course in London so I booked myself on and am now a House Dr consultant as well as an Interior Designer.

For you, this means that I'm professionally trained to undertake a quick and economic makeover as well as rip your homes apart and rebuild them into palatial palaces to fulfill all your dreams.

I work with divorced couples who need an independent person to prepare their homes for sale, families who haven't decorated for 20 years, couples staying put and extending until the economy improves, as well as single professionals and many, many more.

I consider myself to be a lifestyle designer because my focus is to create you stunning homes that work around your daily life.

I create a retreat for you, your haven - a place where you can relax and unwind - your perfect home."

No comments:

Post a Comment